03 Nov Call for Volunteers for UPEISU Committee Reps
Posted at 14:43h in Student Union News
Did you know that several UPEISU committees have student-at-large positions that are available to the student body? If you’re looking for ways to get involved on campus and/or ways to represent your fellow students but don’t necessarily want to run for a position on Council, this opportunity is perfect for you!
The following committees are seeking student-at-large representatives:
– New Initiatives & Future Directions (1)
– Funding Committee (1)
– Budget Committee (1)
– UPEISU Street Team (no set maximum)
– UPEISU Advocacy Team (not set maximum)
– Marketing and Communications Committee (3)
Interested but not sure what any of these committees do? Here’s a breakdown of some of their rules and responsibilities:
New Initiatives & Future Directions:
– Assisting the President steer the direction of their office.
– Assisting the President with any new special projects or events.
– Responsible for developing new initiative proposals or project plans that will be presented to the Budget Committee.
– Facilitate opportunities for UPEISU members to suggest ideas and improvements to the UPEISU.
– Plan and execute the annual Council retreat.
– Responsible for the creation or renewal of a UPEISU Strategic Plan.
– Develop framework to gain student input in yearly student union Planning.
– Develop new initiatives within the Student Union or assist personnel in new initiative implementation.
– Monitor, assess, and provide feedback on strategic initiatives within the Student Union.
– Develop benchmarks to measure the success of new initiatives within the SU.
– Conduct reviews of UPEISU external memberships and governance models.
– The goal of this committee is to support undergraduate, graduate students and sub-organizations at the University of Prince Edward Island.
– The committee will allocate its resources to student activities, events, and to individual students in accordance with the Student Academic Enrichment Policy and the Clubs and Society Funding Policy.
– The Funding Committee will meet on a bi-weekly basis.
– The Funding Committee will complete any additional tasks assigned to it by Council.
– The Budget Committee will deal with the following matters:
– Budget presentation, amendments, and promotion.
– Budget consultation with stakeholders.
– Yearly budget creation.
– The Budget Committee will meet bi-weekly until the budget creation process has begun, at which time, the committee will meet weekly.
UPEISU Street Team:
– Assisting with the setup and tear down of Student Union run events and activities;
– Provide communications support for activities run by the Student Union;
– Delivery of flyers, posters, and other publicity materials to key distribution points on and off campus;
– To act as brand and event ambassadors for the UPEI Student Union;
– Use word of mouth to increase interest and attendance at SU Events.
UPEISU Advocacy Team:
– This committee is tasked to promote advocacy across campus by creating awareness of student issues on and off campus, as well as engaging students for their input into advocacy efforts of the UPEI SU.
– Assist the Vice-President Academic & External and the Vice-President Student Life with the Implementation of events or campaigns that relate to academic and non-academic advocacy.
– Help educate students about on-going UPEISU efforts relating specifically to advocacy on and off the campus.
– Work to create a culture of advocacy in student life at UPEI.
Marketing & Communications Committee:
– The Marketing & Communications Committee is responsible for:
– Assisting the Director of Communications in the direction of his/her office;
– Assisting the Director of Communications with any special projects relating to his/her portfolio;
– Complete assessments, provide recommendations and undertake actions concerning the Student Union brand;
– Complete assessments, provide recommendations and undertake actions related to communications from the Student Union;
– Complete assessments, provide recommendations and undertake actions related to promotions of any Student Union events, campaigns, and services;
– Review and make recommendations to Student Union communication processes, channels, and practices;
– Work towards maintenance of a positive relationship with the campus community;
– Complete any additional duties requested by the Student Union Council;
– Provide support and direction to the Student Union Street Team.
If you’re interested in a position on any of these committees, please fill out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/pu1bNM5kisiS5tHJ2